- 1kg Australian Cooked Prawns - Peeled and Deveined
- 2 x Large Bowen Mango’s - Cubed
- 1 x Bowen Mango - sliced for garnish
- 1 x Large Ripened Haas Avocado - Cubed
- 1/2 Jar Whole Egg Mayo
- 1 x tbsp Tomato sauce
- 1 x tbsp finely chopped Chives and additional for garnish
- 1 x tbsp Lemon
- Generous pinch Murray River Salt Flakes
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Peel prawns, devein & chop into 1 cm pieces. Set aside. (Leave 4 full prawns aside for garnish).
- Cube the avocado and mangoes. Set aside and squeeze some lemon juice onto Avocado (so it doesn’t go brown and oxidize).
- Mix mayo, tomato sauce, lemon juice & seasoning until creamy consistency.
- In a mixing bowl, gently mix through the prawns, avocado, mangoes, chives and cocktail sauce.
On a plate, place a metal ring in the centre and spoon prawn mix into the mold. With the back of a spoon, press the mix down and carefully remove ring. Garnish with sliced mango pieces and chives on top and finish with a prawn to the side. Serve immediately.
Prawn shells can be used to make a prawn/seafood stock/bisque.
This dish pairs nicely with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
Prep Time: 45 mins