At Meyer, we recognise the importance of your privacy and understand your concerns about the security of the personal information you provide to us. We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles ("APPs") as contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The APPs detail how personal information is collected, used, stored and destroyed and how an individual may gain access to personal information held about them.
"Personal information" is information, or an opinion, that identifies an individual, or from which a person’s identity could be ascertained.
Collecting Personal Information about you
Meyer collects personal information from you submitted through this Site, in-store or otherwise. We aim only to collect personal information that is necessary to carry on our business and to supply you with the goods and/or services that you have contracted or requested us to provide. However, we may also collect information about you to do internal research and to conduct market research for our own purposes.
The type of personal information collected will depend on the goods and/or services you have asked us to provide, or may be interested in. The type of personal information we collect includes names, addresses, telephone and mobile phone numbers, email addresses, payment (such as credit card) details and any other information which you knowingly provide us either directly or indirectly through online enquiry forms, order forms, emails or SMS messages, or otherwise through the Sites, in-store or any other circumstances in the course of our business.
At the time personal information is collected or as soon as practicable thereafter, we will advise you of:
- Our details and how to contact us;
- The purpose for which the information is collected;
- Details of how to access any information held about you;
- The type of people and organisations to which we may disclose that information;
- The legal and other consequences of you not providing the information;
While we endeavour to only collect personal information directly from the individual involved, in some instances we may also receive personal information about you from third parties (via agencies on our behalf or our internet service provider), such as demographic information, preferences and interests, and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers. Where we receive, (and retain) or use your personal information received from third parties in these circumstances, we will contact you and advise that we hold this information.
- your server’s IP address;
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc);
- your interaction with the Site;
- the previous website you have visited and the website you move to;
- the type of browser and operating system you are using; and
- the date and time of your visit.
Use and disclosure of information we gather
- to database, store and process your personal information to provide you with the goods and/or services you have requested;
- to enable us to improve and develop our products and services;
- to understand your needs, to customise services to meet your needs and preferences, and to provide you with a better service;
- to periodically send promotional emails and/or SMS messages about new products, special offers, promotions and sales, details about other goods or services offered by us or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address or mobile phone number which you have provided – if you do not wish to receive such emails or SMS messages, please let us know by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the steps in that email or SMS to unsubscribe;
- to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the Sites according to your interests; and
- any other customer support purposes.
Transfer of Information Outside of Australia
- It is necessary to complete your transaction;
- It is to a third party that we use to assist us in providing our goods and/or services to you;
- You have provided your consent;
- We believe on reasonable grounds that the organisation involved would only deal with your personal information in a similar manner to the requirements under the Australian Privacy Principles; or
- Where otherwise allowed by the Privacy Act.