When lemons are in abundance, don’t let them just rot on the tree. Here's how to utilize them
- 10 lemons
- 1 cup sea salt
- 10-20 fresh bay leaves
- 4 teaspoons of fennel seeds
- 4-6 cinnamon sticks
- Cut lemons into quarters, keeping bases on.
- Rub a generous amount of sea salt into the center of each lemon, (at least a couple of tablespoons).
- Place lemons in the sterilised jars with bay leaves a cinnamon stick and a teaspoon of fennel seeds.
- Sprinkle two more tablespoons of sea salt into the jar. Add enough lemon juice to cover the lemons.
- Seal and store in a cool place. Try to store for two months for maximum flavor and preservation.
- When ready to use just rinse with water then cut away and discard the flesh and slice into sizes you need.