By: Ian Curley
This hearty, aromatic, indulgent recipe is by one of Australia's most awarded chefs Ian Curley
- 300 grams diced onion
- 200 g sliced white of leek
- 50 g sliced peeled garlic
- 50g rosemary picked /thyme picked
- 150 g picked rocket
- 750 g straw potatoes (leave in water)
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 50 g chopped parmesan
- Cobram Estate extra virgin olive oil
- Olsson salt flakes
- Ground white pepper to finish
- In a high sided Anolon pan, pour a really good amount of olive oil and add onion, leek and garlic and allow to cook a little until the leek and onion mix are softening.
- It’s important to remember the pan doesn’t need to be too hot so as not to burn the produce.
- When the leek mix is softened add the chopped matchstick potato, herbs and give a little stir and try and coat with the extra virgin olive oil that is in the pan.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring the whole pan up to a simmer and let the potato and leek mix cook gently for approx 25 minutes and turn off from the heat.
- At this point stir in the rocket and stir through the soup and check for salt and add to your taste.
Ladle the soup into the middle of the soup bowl, making sure there’s plenty of potato and rocket mix in the bowl , add some of the soup stock , and finish with some good Parmesan, extra olive oil and freshly ground pepper .