- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Salt, divided
- 2 porterhouse steaks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Combine the 4 tablespoons of the butter, chives, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a small bowl. Transfer butter to sheet of plastic wrap. Roll the butter into 3cm diameter log, wrapping tightly in the plastic. Chill in the freezer until firm, about 20 minutes. Cut into 1 1/4cm-thick rounds.
- Rub the steaks with the pepper and sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add the steaks and cook, turning 3 times, until browned and medium-rare, about 6-7 minutes. Transfer steaks to a serving platter and top with chive butter.