By: Tobie Puttock
This fruity syrup is a delicious summers day refresher or non alcoholic party appetiser.
- 500g fresh or frozen peaches
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 100ml fresh water
- 80g coconut or raw sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place all of the syrup ingredients into a saucepan over a medium heat and cook stirring from time to time.
- Once the sugar dissolves, place a lid slightly askew and allow the peaches to cook for 20-30 minutes until the peaches are soft and the liquid is syrupy.
- Remove the thyme sprigs from the pot and pour the remaining ingredients, strain the puree through a sieve into a sterilised jar. Keep in the fridge for unto 2 weeks.
- To assemble, spoon some of the syrup into a serving glass and top with sparkling water.