Amazing no Bake Key Lime Pie with zesty flavour tones to perfectly balance out the sweetness
- 1 x 250g packet of Butternut biscuits
- 125g Melted butter
- 2 x Cans Condensed Milk
- 41/2 Tsp Gelatin
- 3 Tbsp Boiled Water
- 3/4Cup Lime Juice (approx 6 limes)
- 1 Tbsp Lime Zest
Chantilly cream topping:
- 1 x 300ml Bulla Thickened Cream
- 1 x Tsp Queens Vanilla Bean paste
- 1 x Tbsp Icing Sugar
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 x Lime
- In a food processor, blitz biscuits until a fine crumb and add melted butter. Pulse until fully incorporated.
- In an Anolon Springform tin, line the base with greaseproof paper. With the back of a spoon smooth the crumbs until level and refrigerate.
- In a bowl add condensed milk and lime juice. In a separate bowl add boiling water to gelatin and stir rapidly to dissolve properly. Immediately add to milk mixture stirring constantly until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture on top of the base and refrigerate for approx 2 hours or until set.
- In a stand mixer, whip the cream, icing sugar and vanilla until stiff peaked. Load a disposable piping bag with a 1D tip and fill with cream.
Unclip the springform tin and carefully remove the base with an offset spatula. Place the pie on a display plate. Pipe 2 layers of cream around the outer layer of the pie. Cut lime into 7 thin segments and position evenly around the outer layer. Pluck small pieces of mint and delicately position between the lime segments.
Be careful no to use too much gelatin otherwise the lime filling will turn out rubbery.
You can use 2 gelatin sheets in lieu for the powder gelatin.
If you want the base to go right up the sides, then double the base ingredients.
Prep Time: 40 mins
Cook Time: Nil