- 500g Boston Bay Mussels
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 2 x Tbsp Olive Oil - Good Quality
- 2 x Small Garlic Cloves - finely diced
- 1 x Brown Onion - finely diced
- 1 x Jar Passata Sauce
- 1 x Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 x pinch Murray River salt flakes
- Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Bunch Continental Parsley - Garnish
- 1/4 cup Continental Parsley - finely chopped
- 1 x Sourdough Bread Stick
- In a medium pre-heated non-stick pan, add oil and fry onion and garlic until softened.
- Add wine and reduce before adding the passata, seasoning and parsley.
- After approx 10 minutes, add mussels and cover with a lid. As soon as the mussels open, remove from heat.
On a plate, fan out the mussels and scoop the sauce out. Garnish with fresh parsley and sourdough bread
To test mussel freshness, make sure they are tightly closed before cooking and if they are open, discard. Once the mussels have been cooked, make sure they are fully open. If they remain tightly closed, discard immediately.
Mussels must be cleaned first before using; otherwise the grit can be very unpleasant. Use a clean scourer sponge to remove the “beard" from the mussel.
If you like a bit of kick, try adding some freshly diced chilli with the seeds still intact!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins