- 2 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Australian mushrooms – button, swiss brown and portobello
- 1/2 sprig fresh Australian thyme
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp goats cheese
- 1 tsp seeded mustard
- 1 tbsp sauerkraut
- Small handful Australian baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup Australian watercress
- Crusty sourdough to serve
- For the mushroom filling, in a small non-stick pan place 1 tsp olive oil and heat over a medium heat.
- Slice mushrooms and add to the pan with thyme, cook until they are soft. Season, remove from pan and place into a small bowl.
- For the egg mixture, crack 2 eggs into another small bowl with salt, pepper and use a fork to whisk lightly to combine.
- Place remaining 1 tsp olive oil over heat in a small non-stick pan.
- Pour in egg mix and heat over low to medium heat until the egg mixture starts to solidify at the bottom.
- Add mushroom filling on top, then top with goats cheese, seeded mustard, sauerkraut and baby spinach leaves.
- Roll omelette so the fillings are trapped and roll so that omelette is enclosed and heat to seal. You can serve omelette as a half moon or rolled over like a cylinder.
- Serve topped with watercress and toasted crusty sourdough bread on the side.
Tip: For a high protein quick and easy lunch or dinner this omelette ticks all the boxes.