- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tspn culinary lavender
- 1 tspn lemon zest
- 125gm butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tspn salt
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Mix sugar, lavender, lemon in a bowl then beat at moderate speed. Add the flour and butter and mix at low speed until mixed well.
- Put the mix on a lined tray in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Remove and roll into a 4 inch log. Chill for a further 45 minutes in the fridge.
- Cut into thin rounds and place onto a lined tray.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until brown around the edges.
- Cool for a few minutes then place on a wire rack and cool for a further ten minutes or so.
Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Put into an old vintage tin with some baking paper for a great gift to your Gran and Grandpa.
Makes 12 biscuits