By: Rebecca Sullivan
The combination of strawberries, lavender and lemon zest is sure to enduce the WOW factor
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons Instant Pectin
- 4 cups crushed strawberries
- 1 tsp minced culinary lavender
- 1/2 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
Culinary lavender can be found in the spice aisle of some large grocery stores, specialty cooking stores or via the internet.
- STIR sugar and instant pectin in a bowl until well blended.
- ADD strawberries, lavender and lemon zest. Stir 3 minutes.
- Ladle jam into clean jars to fill line. Twist on lids. Let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.
Make a typical Crème Brulee recipe but in the bottom of each ramekin, place a tablespoon of the Lavender Infused Strawberry Freezer Jam and top off with the Brulee mixture. Bake as directed. Once cooked and cooled, caramelize the top as described in the recipe and garnish with candied pistachios, fresh strawberries and lavender sprigs. A simple dessert with a big “WOW" factor!