By: Ben O'Donoghue
An indulgent meal loaded with parmesan cheese that will melt into the mash for a creamy delight
- 1 cauliflower cut into florets
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 500ml cream
- Chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 large onion halved and sliced
- 50gm butter or 2tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices of sourdough bread or similar
- 100g cheddar cheese
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- Ground white pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Place them into a large pot with the garlic. And add the cream to just cover if there is not enough cream top up with Stock.
- Place some scrunched up wet baking paper over the top of the cauliflower then place a lid on the pot and bring to a simmer. Cook covered until they are soft.
- Place the cauliflower and liquid into a blender and puree until smooth. You may need to do this in batches. Season with salt and white pepper. Keep warm in the pot.
- In a fry pan heat your butter or olive oil and add the onions and sauté until soft and caramelised.
- Toast your sourdough and then drizzle with olive oil and then add the onion on top then grate the cheese over the top. Place under a grill to melt the cheese
- Divide the soup between your bowls then place the grilled onion and cheesy toast on top, drizzle with olive oil and grate with Parmesan cheese.