For the chicken
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 pieces chicken breast, thin-sliced, boneless, skinless
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 100g or 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, torn
For the glaze
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Prep: 5 Mins , Cook: 14 Mins
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, then season with Italian seasoning, black pepper, salt and smoked paprika. Add to heated skillet and brown the chicken, about 2 minutes each side.
- Add one slice of Mozzarella on top of each piece of chicken, then place in the preheated oven to cook for 8 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the balsamic vinegar, spicy brown mustard and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in an saucepan over medium heat. Allow the sauce to thicken, bringing just to a boil, then removing from heat.
- Add the cut cherry tomatoes to the skillet in the oven, cooking for an additional two minutes.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the oven and spoon the tomatoes on top. Drizzle the thickened balsamic vinegar glaze. Top with basil leaves, serve immediately.