- 12 Large Eggs - room temperature
- 300 g Salmon - cut up into thin square pieces (keep approximately 50g aside for garnish)
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Thickened Cream
- 1/2 Cup Grated Tasty Cheese
- 250g Tub Crème Fraîche
- 1 x Tbsp Lemon Zest - microplaned
- 1 x bunch of Asparagus - stalks trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 Punnet of Chives - finely chopped
- 2 x stalks of Dill - finely chopped
- 1 x stalk of Dill - garnish
- 2 x good pinches Murray River Salt flakes
- Freshly cracked Black pepper
- Grapeseed Oil
Preheat your oven to 170°C. Crack 12 eggs into a bowl and add chopped herbs, chopped asparagus, cream, milk, 1 x good pinch salt, cracked pepper and whisk until incorporated.
Add sliced salmon and grated cheese to the eggs. Stir through and ladle the mixture carefully into the greased muffin trays and place into the oven for approx 20 minutes.
Add lemon zest and remaining seasoning to Crème Fraîche and whip in a stand mixer until thick.
Spoon Crème Fraîche into a piping bag and refrigerate.
Once quiches are golden brown, remove from oven and allow to cool for approximately 5 minutes before attempting to remove frommuffin tray.
Once quiches have been removed from tray and cooled slightly, pipe a small amount of Crème Fraîche on top and garnish with a small piece of salmon and a small piece of dill. Enjoy hot or cold!
With a bread knife, carefully run the back of the knife around the outer perimeter of the muffin tray and be extremely careful to extract the quiches out of the moulds.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes