- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped raw macadamia nuts
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cups diced pumpkin
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Roasted macadamias, to garnish
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add the macadamias, onion and ginger, and sauté over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- Add the squash and apple and cook 1-2 minutes further, then pour over the stock. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until squash is soft.
- Tip off some of the liquid, and reserve, then puree the remainder using an immersion blender or in a blender until smooth and creamy. Add more of the cooking liquid to bring to desired consistency.
- Reheat and serve in bowls scattered with extra macadamias.