- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils (seeds), optional garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, optional garnish
- 1. Preheat the oven to 215°C.
- Toss the chicken with the oil. Place it on a non-stick baking tray and season on both sides with 3/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Roast in the centre of the oven until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part (not touching the bone) registers 75°C.
- Meanwhile, combine the pomegranate juice, honey, cayenne pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a deep non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and cook until the mixture is thick and syrupy, about 13-14 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the chicken to the skillet. Turn it to coat with the glaze and cook 2 minutes. Transfer to a platter and spoon the glaze remaining in the skillet over the chicken. Garnish with the pomegranate arils and parsley if desired.