By: Rebecca Sullivan
This recipe is wonderful and you could play around with the spices and make it your own
- 1kg zucchinis, soft middle section scooped out, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- Place sliced zucchini in a large bowl and cover with water then add the salt. Let it stand for about an hour, then drain.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Pour the hot mixture over the zucchini and let it stand for another hour. Return to the saucepan and bring to the boil and boil for about 3 minutes.
- Pack into hot sterilized jars; make sure there are no air bubbles and seal.