By: Ben O'Donoghue
Spoil your loved one this weekend with our indulgent Pancakes, that’s what the weekends are for
- 1 cup plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 40g butter, Crème Fraîche
- 250 g smooth ricotta
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Honey, to taste
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Sprigs of mint,
- Icing sugar, sifted
- To make the crepe batter, sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a separate bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour and slowly add the milk and egg mixture, whisking continuously to bring the flour and liquid together to form a smooth pouring cream consistency.
- Set aside to rest for an hour or so (this can also be done the night before).
- Combine the ricotta filling ingredients. The amount of honey you use is up to you; I like it just sweet. Set aside.
- Place the mixed berries and icing sugar in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Gently heat a non-stick frying pan or crepe pan. Using a brush or some paper towel, lightly butter the surface of the pan. Add"¨ 3 tablespoons crepe batter to the pan, quickly swirling it around to ensure a thin, even coating of batter.
- Ideally, the crepe should be thin enough to see your hand through when you hold it up.
- Cook the crepe on one side for 2–3 minutes, then, using a palette knife, turn it over and cook for a further 1–2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Cook the crepes in batches, making two crepes per serve and keeping them warm under a folded tea towel.
- To serve, place a spoonful of the ricotta mixture in the middle of each crepe and spread it around a little. Fold the crepes in half, then in half again and place them on serving plates. Spoon the berries and sauce over the top and finish with a dollop of Crème Fraîche, a sprig of mint and a dusting of icing