- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large white egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking try with a long sheet of aluminium foil to overhang the long ends by 4cm.
- Combine the oats, coconut, pumpkin sees, and almonds in a large bowl. Spread mixture out evenly on a large baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted, 14-15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Reduce the oven temperature to 150°C.
- Combine the honey, sugar, maple syrup, butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt in Stainless Steel Saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves, about 2-3 minutes. Pour over the oat mixture, add the raisins and cranberries and mix well with a rubber spatula. Add the egg white and mix well. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan and with lightly moist hands gently press down to evenly distribute.
- Bake until the oat mixture is lightly browned, 26-28 minutes. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Use the aluminium foil to lift the granola bar out of the pan and transfer it to a cutting board, carefully removing the foil. Cut into 16 bars. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.