By: Ian Curley
Bursting with flavour from a broad range of ingredients this pasta is restaurant standard
- 600 g cubed Hiramasa kingfish
- 50 g chopped red chili
- 50 g chopped garlic
- 100g sliced baby tomato
- 50 g baby capers
- 2 fresh lemons
- Olsson salt flakes
- 1/2 Bunch shredded parsley
- White wine
- 600g angel hair pasta
- Cobram estate extra virgin olive oil
- Toasted garlic breadcrumbs (optional)
- In a straight sided Anolon pan, pour a good amount of extra virgin olive oil as this will form part of the sauce; and add the seasoned chopped fish.Allow to gently sauté and roll around the pan and add the chili and garlic and cook gently by adding a little more oil rather than letting the garlic go bitter and burn.
- Add the sliced cherry tomatoes and capers and allow to mix into the fish mix.
- Drop the angel hair pasta into boiling salted water for approx 2 minutes but still al dente.
- Add the white wine to the pan and form a thin sauce with it and the olive oil and fish mixture.
- Now add the pasta to the fish and tomato mix and add the shredded parsley and mix everything together and add a little salt and oil if necessary.
- Mix everything together and check seasoning.
Divide mix into 4 bowls evenly and microplane a little lemon zest and finish with toasted garlic breadcrumbs for texture.