- 1 (about 1 cup) medium mango, peeled, pitted and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 + 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split horizontally
- Combine the mango, onion, coriander, lime juice and 1/8 teaspoon of the salt in a small bowl; reserve.
- Working one at a time, place a chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. With the heel of your hand or a meat mallet, lightly pound the thicker end of the chicken so that it flattens to an even thickness with the rest of the breast half. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Transfer to a bowl and toss with the oil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat an Anolon Square Grill Pan over medium heat until hot. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 70°C, about 10-12 minutes. During the last 2 minutes of cooking top each breast half with a slice of cheese to allow it to melt. Transfer chicken to the bottom half of each bun, top with salsa and remaining bun half. Serve immediately.