By: Rebecca Sullivan
An indulgent flavour pallet for all chocolate brownies lovers with a pinch of salt and coconut
- 65g butter
- 250g sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 125g self raising flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted is easier)
- 3 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1/4 cup chopped up almonds or pistachios for a salty edge
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (fan forced) and line a loaf tin or something similar with baking paper so you can pull the brownie out when cooked. Into your mixer, put the butter and sugar and begin to cream it together on a low speed.
- Next add the egg whites whilst still beating on low.
- Add the cocoa powder and flour slowly. Then add the salt, coconut nectar and coconut oil. Mix on a medium speed until all mixed in together.Don’t over mix it, it really just needs to be combined.
- Once mixed, pour into your lined tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes. The coconut nectar helps to create a chewy corner on the brownie.
Tip: Coconut nectar can be found at most Health Food Shops